Impact of SEND Provision
Our SEND Coordinator is Miss N White
At Gawthorpe Community Academy we provide teaching and learning which enables all children to gain access to a broad, balanced and appropriately differentiated curriculum. We strongly believe in the role of Quality First Teaching and Curriculum Entitlement for all children.
Our aim is to ensure all children are supported in order that they may work confidently towards reaching their full potential. The Principles of the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice 2014 set out the following guidance:
- A child with special educational needs should have their educational needs met
- The views of the child should be sought and taken into account during any decision making
- The early identification of children’s needs and intervention to be put into place to support them
- A greater choice and control for young people and parent’s support
- Collaboration between Education Health and Social Care services to provide support
- High quality provision to meet the needs of children with SEN
- Become confident young children with a growing ability to communicate their own views and ready to make the transition into compulsory education (5:1)
- To become confident individuals living fulfilling lives
At Gawthorpe Community Academy, we ensure that close regard is paid to the three key principles of inclusive education:
- Setting suitable learning challenges
- Responding to pupils’ diverse learning needs
- Overcoming potential barriers to learning and assessment for individuals and groups of pupils
Gawthorpe Community Academy is an inclusive school which offers a range of provision to support children with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities.
If you have any concerns regarding your child then please do not hesitate to make an appointment to speak with the class teacher, Head teacher (Mrs A Mitchell) and/or SENCO (Miss N White).